I've been so blessed this Spring/early Summer with a busy business that I got behind on capturing those milestones with my own children!! So, these are a month late - but better late, then never, right? My sweet, goofy and somewhat crazy Georgia Ann turned THREE in early May. I no longer have any babies in the house. Bittersweet, if you ask me. No more diapers, no more bottles, and pretty soon no more rocking and sweet, sweet cuddles. (Don't tell Chad - but Georgia Ann will still let me rock her before bedtime every now and then. I'll probably become that creepy/crazy mom from "Love you forever" book). It's funny - with the first kid, you kinda rush them through all the milestones, like it is a race - calling all your friends to brag when she walks early or learns to get dressed all by herself. But, with the second, it's almost like I'm begging time to stop, or at the very least slow down. That feeling of proudness I once felt when Sara turned from 'baby' to 'big girl' has now has a dash (or a huge helping) of sadness mixed in when Georgia yells at me, "No mama, I do it by myself."

Baby girl, just remember, you'll never be too old for mama to 'rock baby' or let you 'hold me' when you've had a rough day (what she says when she wants to be picked up). No matter how big you get, you'll always be my baby, Georgia Ann.


Posted by
Categories: Labels: ,

2 comments:

Maegan Carnew-Megginson said...

I love these photos - and your sweet post. Thanks for sharing.

Anya Coleman said...

Beautiful photographs!

 
>